Birthday Dog Treats Recipe
Why not make some delicious dog treats for your dog on their special day? This recipe is simple, easy to follow and your doggies are sure to love them! View our video tutorial above and give them a try. Let us know in the comments or on Facebook/Twitter how they went :-)
- 2 cups (255g) wholemeal flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1 cup (235ml) skimmed milk
*Wholemeal is a great source of protein however some dogs can develop a sensitivity to wheat products so if your dog has a wheat intolerance you can substitute the wholemeal for rice flour.
- Preheat the oven to 190°c. Grease baking sheets. Stir together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter and milk. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.